It is election season and many of us have questions. What is the Biblical response to politics? What is a Christian's role in elections? When it comes to elections and politics in this time, the only person we need to please is our Heavenly Father. We owe Him our fealty - our utter commitment.
When it comes to elections and politics, we have two options:
Engage in a Godly Way
- Register to Vote
- Get informed and vote wisely
- Encourage your family & friends to vote
- Stay Engaged
Disengage in a Godly Way
- You are a citizen of God's Kingdom. You are not a citizen of this world. You can willfully disengage and focus solely & exclusively on God's Kingdom
- Don't vote
- Do pray and intercede for our government, our officials and our system
- Completely let go of the results of the election
- Forfeit political discourse. If you didn't vote you have no right speaking out in public gatherings or on social media about political issues.